一、Teaching aims and demands:
1. Learn how to ask others about their free-time activities, hobbies and how often they do those.
2. Learn to talk about the food that they and others like to eat and how to have a healthy diet. Decide which diet is the best one.
3. Talk about different eating habits.
4. Learn to read and write using the target language.
二、Teaching difficulties and importance:
1. The structures and usage of How often.
2. The usage of the adverbs, such as, sometimes, usually, always, never, and the usage of the words: most, some, all, etc.
3. Reading and writing
1.Cooperative and communicative methods.
2.Task-based Language Teaching Approach.
Step1. Warming up
Show a video of a song (An apple a day keeps a doctor away.) and sing it together.
T: What songs sings about?
S1: It's about an apple.
S2: Apples are good for our health.
T: What other things are good for us/our health?
S1: I think milk is good for us.
S2: Fish is good for our health.
S3: Fruit is good for our health.
T: What about junk food? Is it good for us?
Ss: No, it's bad for our health.
T: How often do you eat junk food?
S1: I eat it only once a week.
S2: I never eat junk food.
S3: I hardly ever eat junk food.
T: As for eating junk food, I'm the same as you.
T: Today, Dr Li wants to know our eating habits. Can you finish the survey? How are your eating habits?
Activities every day Three or four times a week Once or twice a week never
Eat vegetables 4分 3分 1分 0分
Eat fruit 4分 3分 1分 0分
Drink milk 4分 3分 1分 0分
Eat junk food 0分 1分 3分 4分
drink coffee 0分 1分 3分 4分
A. good (16分-20分) B. OK (8分---15分) C. bad (8分以下)
Conclusion: My eating habits are______________.
T: Look, Here are the results of my eating habits, I eat vegetables and fruit every day. I got 8 points. I drink milk once or twice a week. I got 1 point. I never drink milk and eat junk food. I got 8 points. So how are my eating habits?
Ss: Your eating habits are good.
T: Can you tell us your eating habits?
S1: I eat vegetables and three or four times a week. I drink milk every day. I never drink coffee. I eat junk food once a week. So I have good eating habits. (Then 3 more students to speak)
T: How are your eating habits?(one by one).
S: My eating habits are good/OK/bad.
T: Now, Dr. Li know our middle school students' eating habits. Here's the result( Show students a form). Can you tell us?
S: Most students…Some students….
1.T: We know good eating habits are good for our health. What is good for our health?
S: Exercising every day.
T: Look, this is Katrina. What's the picture?
T: Do you want to read Katrina's letter? Which one is the theme sentence? S: ……
T:Open the book, read quickly and find out the theme sentence.
S: I think the first sentence is the theme sentence. …but I'm pretty healthy.
T: Great! It is in the first sentence of the paragraph..
2. According to Katrina's letter, help her pen pal fill in the chart.
Activities How often
Eat vegetables Every day
T: Can you put them into three parts?
S: Exercise, eating habits, sleep
T: What's the main idea?
S: She has a healthy lifestyle.
T: It writes about lifestyle. Katrina's lifestyle is healthy. What does a healthy lifestyle help us?
(Discuss in groups)
S: It helps us ….
T: So we should look after our health.
T: Some have healthy lifestyles, but some have unhealthy lifestyles. Bill is unhealthy.
1. According to the chart, can you finish Bill's letter (3b)
2. T: Bill is kind of unhealthy. Now, he is very heavy. He is very sad. Can you give some advice?
(Discuss in groups)
G1: Bill, you try to exercise every day.
G2: You should eat less junk food.
T: What good advice! I think Bill is very thankful.
3. Enjoy the passages
T: From these two articles, we know Katrina is healthy and Bill is kind of unhealthy. I like the articles. Like this sentence: So maybe I'm not very healthy, although I have one healthy habit.
T: And what sentences do you like?Can you write down?
Read loudly and try to remember.
Step5 Homework (二选一)
1. Is your lifestyle the same as yours or different? What's your lifestyle?
Please write about your own lifestyle.
2. You are a reporter of 'China Sports'. And now you are asked to write an article about Yao Ming's lifestyle.你是一名中国体育的记者,现在要求你写一篇关于姚明的生活方式。(上网收集、查找资料。)
I'm pretty healthy
导语：初三的英语是初中英语中比较难的，下面小编分享初三英语unit11课件，欢迎参考！ 1.宾语从句 宾语从句在复合句中作主句的宾语。 ①由连接词+ 主语+ 谓语 构成 常由下面的一些连接词引导： ②由that 引导 表示陈述意义 that 可省略 He says (that) he is at home. 他说他在家 ...... 阅读全文